Flu is a contiguous disease that usually spreads in October and May every year. Anyone can get the flu, but it gets even more severe and dangerous for people suffering from long-term health conditions. It weakens your immune system and it can be of greater risk for infants, young children, pregnant women, and people above 65 years of age. So, it is very much important for people to get their shots on time.
You can also get Free Flu Shots available in your region during influenza season. Flu vaccine prevents millions of flu-related illnesses and other types of similar illnesses each year.
Here are some of the benefits you can get from taking flu shots:
● Flu vaccine prevents you from falling sick with the flu.
● Studies have proven that flu vaccination reduces the severity of illness in people who still get vaccine breakthrough infection.
● It reduces the risk of getting hospitalized due to the flu illness.
● It is an essential preventive tool for people with certain chronic health conditions.
● It protects pregnant women during and after pregnancy.
● Flu vaccines significantly reduce the chances of children dying with the flu.
● You getting vaccinated can protect the vulnerable people around you.
Despite so many benefits offered by flu vaccination, most people avoid getting vaccinated and flu continues to cause uncountable deaths and hospitalizations.
Who should be getting a Flu Vaccine?
Everyone above the age of 6 months should get vaccinated every season. Especially the people with a higher risk of serious complications from influenza must get vaccinated to avoid any fatality or chances of getting hospitalized.
There are different Flu Shots to be used for different age groups of people, such as:
● Children as young as 6months old and adults 65 years and older have differently approved flu shots.
● It is advised that pregnant women and people with chronic health conditions should always take flu shots to get massive safety.
● People who are 2 years to 49 years of age are approved to use the nasal spray flu vaccine. But individuals with long-term medical conditions and pregnant women must not take the nasal spray flu vaccine.
There are various options to choose from and none can be recommended over the other. You should consult with your doctor or other health care professionals to get more information about your flu vaccination.
Who should not take flu vaccination?
Everyone should get vaccinated every year, but if your age doesn’t match according to the given criteria, have certain health conditions, or have certain allergies, then you should get a professional medical consultation before getting your shot.
How to get your Free Flu Shots?
It’s important to get your seasonal flu shot on time. Did you know you can get your seasonal flu shot free?
At Prescription Xpress, we help you schedule your life-saving Free flu shots. Visit us at https://prescriptionxpress.ca to learn more about us. We also provide natural health care medicines and home health care products. Contact us for more details and to get your seasonal Flu shot appointment today.